Join more than 285,000 professionals from around the world who rely on SHRM for their HR solutions.
SHRM is an individual membership organization. Anyone who is involved in HR, supervises the HR function or otherwise has an interest in HR is invited to join. Membership in a SHRM local chapter is separate and apart from membership in SHRM. We encourage you to become a member of both! SHRM Membership and Chapter Membership are the perfect combination. By joining a local SHRM-affiliated chapter, you will gain access to:
- Create a network with the HR professionals and companies in your community.
- Tap into the knowledge of your peers to gain insight on how other local organizations handle various human resource situations, procedures, policies, etc.
- Learn about career advancement opportunities you may not otherwise know about.
- Take advantage of local professional development learning opportunities that support SHRM’s competency model, throughout every step of your career.
- Discover up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Leadership skills development opportunities include taking on a volunteer leadership role in your local chapter.
- You will have the opportunity to earn professional development credits (PDCs) for attending chapter programming approved for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
Bottom line, becoming a member of SHRM and a local chapter is a winning combination!